Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ProQuest Ebook Central, including MyiLibrary and ProQuest College Complete provides access to eBooks on the health sciences and many other subjects.
Download/Checkout an eBook: Getting Started
To read an eBook online or download a section or chapter, you do not need to download any software or create an account. To download the entire book for reading offline, or save notes and highlighting, you will need to follow a few steps the first time, including downloading software and creating accounts. Below are the steps for eBooks from ProQuest College Complete and Canadian Electronic Library. Visual Guide (PDF) to this process.
- Create an Adobe ID by filling out this form and clicking Submit
- Find the eBook you would like to download, and click Download Book
- Click Create an Account
- Fill in your information then click Create Account and click Continue
- Select your device and click Continue
- Mobile Device: download the free Bluefire eBooks app
- Once your software is installed, go back to the eBooks page and click Done with this step
- Select the length of time you would like to borrow the book, and click Download
- Open the downloaded .acsm file.
- If prompted, select the software Adobe Digital Editions. Your book should open automatically.
- If Adobe Digital Editions requests that you authorize your computer, sign in with the Adobe ID you created in the first step.
View the Visual Guide (PDF) to this process for screen shots.