Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ebsco eBooks for the Health Sciences
Download/Checkout an eBook: Getting Started
To read an eBook online or download a section or chapter, you do not need to download any software or create an account. To download the entire book for reading offline, or save notes and highlighting, you will need to follow a few steps the first time, including downloading software and creating accounts. Below are the steps for eBooks from Ebsco Academic eBook Collection and Ebsco eBook Collection. Visual Guide (PDF) to this process.
- Create an Adobe ID, by filling out this form and clicking Submit
- Find the eBook you would like to download, and click on its title.
- Click on Download This eBook (Offline).
- Sign in with Google OR Click on Create a New Account
- Note: When creating an account, Ebsco requires a very secure password including a mix of 8 numbers, symbols, and uppercase as well as lowercase letters.
- A pop-up box that says Download This eBook will appear.
- Once your software is installed, go back to the eBooks page and click Download
- Open your downloaded .acsm file - it will be added to your Adobe Digital Editions library or Bluefire Reader app.
- If Adobe Digital Editions requests that you authorize your computer, sign in with the Adobe ID you created in the first step.
View the Visual Guide to this process for screen shots.
You will just need to complete the steps of downloading software and creating accounts the first time you download an eBook. Contact GBC Library Learning Commons if you would like assistance.