Trade Journals are an excellent source of information on industry trends. Below is a selection of industry-related trade journals available through the Library Learning Commons. You can browse by issue or search within each issue on a topic of interest.
- Building Design & Construction
- Articles, profiles, interviews, technology, product reviews, and news and trends for the building team; architects, engineers, government agencies, general contractors, owner/developers, subcontracting firms and design and construction departments.
- The facilities construction and management magazine; feature articles, construction, and development, commentary, case studies, product reviews and news of note for executives and managers in banks, insurance companies, retail, education, hotels, utilities.
- Commercial Construction and Renovation
- Covers design, construction and facilities operations of the major commercial construction segments, including retail, hospitality, restaurant, education, healthcare and more.
- Concrete Construction
- Provides information about the concrete construction business, including materials and structures.
- Articles, profiles, commentary, new products and industry news aimed at mechanical contractors, consulting engineers, inspectors and manufacturers dealing with plumbing, heating and air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration, and piping.
- ENR Engineering News-Record
- A weekly publication of news, statistics & information on engineering for contractors, architects, engineers in all types of government, & construction & specialty trade contractors.
- SA&B Mag: Sustainable Architecture & Building
- Covers sustainable non-residential building design and construction in Canada in the form of industry and product news, building case studies, opinion articles, and technical articles on technologies and products related to green building.
You can search within the trade journal by clicking the link at the top of the page or browse each issue by date on the right.